Butter to Olive Oil
1 teaspoon = ¾ teaspoon
1 Tablespoon = 2-1/4 teaspoons
¼ cup = 3 tablespoons
1/3 cup = ¼ cup
½ cup = ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons
2/3 cup = ½ cup
¾ cup = ½ cup + 1 tablespoon
1 cup = ¾ cup
1 garlic clove
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp. Sicilian Lemon white balsamic vinegar
Pinch dry mustard
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
Flaky sea salt
Directions: Mash the garlic clove to a paste in a mortar with a pestle. In a small bowl whisk in the yolk, balsamic vinegar and mustard by hand and beat until frothy.
Very slowly add 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, just ¼ tsp at a time, whisking well after each addition. Then slowly begin to drizzle in the remaining oil in a fine stream, continuing to whisk until the aioli is thick and creamy. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt to taste.
From: the olive oil & vinegar lover’s cookbook
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
¾ cup of milk
1 tsp. Bourbon-Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
2 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
3 tbsp. whey protein chocolate flavored
½ of a banana
¼ cup of oats
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1 tbsp. walnut oil
Blend well and Enjoy!!
½ cup blueberries
3 ounces milk
3 tbsp vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp citrus olive oil, lemon, bergamot or blood orange
Blend together until smooth and enjoy!
Fresh Fruit Salad
1 pint Blueberries
1 pint Raspberries
2 pints Strawberries
1 zest of an Orange
1 tbs. Basil Olive Oil
2 ½ tbs. Lemon Grass Mint White Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup Honey
Combine blueberries, strawberries and raspberries in a medium bowl.
Whisk together the acacia honey, basil olive oil and lemongrass mint white balsamic vinegar into a smaller bowl.
Pour over berries. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Before serving add fresh orange zest to the salad. Enjoy!
-1 ½ cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
-2 tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil
-¾ cup plain greek yogurt
-1 tbsp. mustard
-1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
-½ cup celery, thinly sliced
-1 cup walnuts, chopped
-½ cup red/green grapes, sliced
-1 tbsp fresh parsley
-Season to taste with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, fresh cracked pepper and a dash of garlic.
-In a small bowl combine the greek yogurt, lemon olive oil, mustard and seasonings.
-In a large bowl combine the chopped chicken, grapes, celery, green onions and walnuts.
-Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken mixture and stir until well combined.
-Refrigerate for 1 hour.
-Serve on a croissant roll, over mixed greens or whole wheat crackers.
Dressing: combine equal parts Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Black Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar with a drizzle of Baklouti Olive Oil. Add a pinch of chimichurri seasoning packet and Sea Salt.
Toss together and enjoy this flavor packed salad!!
Middle Eastern Chickpea Salad
- 2 Bell peppers, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 pint Grape tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Lemons, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 5 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. basil olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Feta
Toss together and Enjoy
· 6 cups spring mixed salad
· 2 sweet apples
· 1 green apple
· 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
· ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
· ½ cup dried cranberries
· green onion, thinly sliced
· 1 cup apple juice
· 4 tablespoons Cranberry pear OR Cinnamon Pear balsamic vinegar
· 2 tablespoons honey
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon black pepper
· ¼ cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate Spinach Salad
1 Blood Orange, thinly sliced
Goat Cheese Crumbles
Blood Orange Olive Oil
Dark Chocolate Balsamic
Green Apple, Sliced
Walnuts or Pecans
Salt and Pepper
In a bowl combine:
2 Peaches (remove skin & large dice)
2 Avocados (cut in chunks)
Handful of Matchstick Carrots
Drizzle in Persian Lime Olive Oil and Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
Add a dash of Salt and Pepper and mix together 🙂
Ingredients:1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves2 teaspoons sweet paprika2 medium cloves of garlic, smashed into a paste1 well-crumbled bay leafpinch of red pepper flakes1/4 teaspoon + fine grain sea salt1 tablespoon fresh lemon juiceDirections:Gently warm the olive oil over low heat in a pan, until it’s warm.Once warmed remove from heat.While the oil is heating, lightly pound the rosemary, thyme, and oregano in a mortar and pestle.Stir the paprika, garlic, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, and salt into the oil.Then add the bruised herbs and lemon juice.Use with fresh bread and creamy cheeseEnjoy!
Mango Salsa with Avocado
· 1 Avocado, medium chunks
· 1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
· 2 tbsp. Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
· 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
· 1 Mango, medium diced
· 1/2 Red onion, diced
· 1/4 tsp Salt and pinch of black pepper
This sweet, chunky fresh mango salsa with avocado is excellent with chips or over tacos, chicken or fish.
Black Bean Dip
1 medium Green Bell Pepper (diced)
1 can Yellow Corn
1 can Black Beans
1 Jalapeno (no seeds and diced)
¼ cup Cilantro
½ cup Red Onion
1 cup Tomatoes (diced)
2 tbsp. Salt Sisters Mojo Seasoning
2 tbsp. of Persian Lime Olive Oil
2 tbsp. of Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
Mix together in a bowl and it is ready to go!
Serve with fresh bread, chips or crackers!
Prepare the night before to let the flavors marinade into the beans and veggies!
1 (15 oz) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
2 ripe avocados, remove the seed
3 tbsp of your favorite extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, peeled
salt and freshly ground mixed peppercorn
1/8 tsp cumin
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
red pepper flakes
Pulse together the chick peas, olive oil, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and add in the avocados.
Pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 – 2 minutes longer.
Serve with more olive oil drizzled on top and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
Use as a spread on sandwiches or enjoy with vegetables, pita chips and meats!
6-8 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
¼ cup Red Onion (diced)
3 mini Sweet Peppers (diced)
1 clove of Garlic (minced)
3 tbsp. Persian Lime Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Start your guacamole off right! Drizzle in the Persian lime olive oil, Sicilian lemon white balsamic and s/p.
Prepare and mix the ingredients together then top off your guac with the zest of a lime!
-One 14-ounce can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
-5 hot Tipsy Tapas cheese stuffed hot peppers, chopped
-¼ cup of Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
-2 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
-2 cloves of Garlic, diced
– 1 Lemon, zest and juice
-5 tbsp. of Koroneiki EVOO
Lightly mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
Mix in the hot peppers, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon zest and juice, 1 tbsp. of parsley, and 4 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Spread the chickpea mixture onto a toasted slice of Ciabatta bread.
Finish by drizzling 1 tbsp. of EVOO and sprinkling on fresh parsley.
8 oz. Hummus
1 tbsp. Garlic olive oil
½ cup tomatoes, diced
½ cup cucumbers, diced
½ cup Greek yogurt
½ cup green peppers, diced
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
6 tipsy tapas cheese stuffed sweet/hot peppers, sliced
Seasonings: salt, pepper & fresh parsley
-Create the dip in an 8×8 square serving dish.
-Mix the garlic olive oil with the hummus and spread an even layer into the bottom of the dish.
-For the next layer add the tomatoes and cucumbers.
-Next spoon a few dollops of Greek yogurt and carefully spread into an even layer.
-Season with salt and pepper to taste.
-Then add the cheese stuffed sweet/hot peppers and green peppers.
-Sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh parsley
-Drizzle your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the dish before serving.
Serve with homemade tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers and vegetables .
1 small Sweet Potato
½ of a medium Red Onion
1 peeled Granny Smith Apple
1 stick of Celery
1 Carrot stick
½ of a Lime for its juice and zest
1 ½ tbsp. of Sour Cream
1 tbsp. Blood Orange Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste!
Start off by thinly slicing the onion and celery. Then grate the sweet potato, apple, carrot and lime.
Stir together and add in the lime juice, blood orange olive oil and sour cream.
Mix together and you are ready to serve!
This slaw is delicious on tacos, sandwiches, or as a fresh tasting side dish.
Red onion- ¼ cup
Seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced- 4 cups
Red or green peppers- ¼ cup
Honey- 1 tsp.
Red pepper flakes- ¼ tsp.
Sea salt- ½ tsp.
Sesame oil- 1 ½ tsp.
Lemongrass Mint white balsamic vinegar- 2 tbsp.
Add fresh herbs. Try cilantro, mint and basil.
Combine all of the ingredients and mix together.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to an hour.
Serve as a condiment on a sandwich or as a refreshing salad!
Sprinkle peanuts on top for an added crunch!
Baked Goat Cheese Wontons
10 ounces of goat cheese, room temperature
3 tbsp. Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
chives, thinly sliced
Quick, Easy and Delicious!!
Pre-Heat the oven to 375F
In a bowl combine the goat cheese, Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil, salt, pepper and chives.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
On the baking sheet lay out the wontons in a single layer.
Spoon a dollop of the cheese mixture in the center of the wonton.
Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water and pinch the wonton together until it’s closed.
Brush the wontons with olive oil and bake for 8 – 12 minutes.
Serve with Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, honey, honey mustard or a sweet and sour sauce.
Baked kale chips
1 bunch of Kale
½ tbsp. Garlic Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make sure kale is clean and dry then drizzle with garlic olive oil.
Lay the kale into a single layer, add salt and pepper.
Bake for 12 minutes. Flip the kale half way throughout baking. Let cool and enjoy!
Fig & Garlic Flat Bread
-3 flat breads
-1/4 cup onion
-1 clove garlic, minced
-½ cup leek, chopped
-½ cup fig jam
-1/4 cup goat or feta cheese
-2 cups of arugula
-olive oil, try Basil, Milanese Gremolata, any EVOO or any hot flavored oil.
-Black Mission Fig balsamic vinegar
1. Turn oven broiler on low and drizzle flat breads with olive oil.
Let slowly heat while ingredients are coming together.
2. Heat olive oil in a saute pan and add fresh garlic, onion and leeks. Saute.
3. In a small bowl combine the fig jam and fig balsamic together.
4. Remove flat breads from the oven and spread on the fig mix.
5. Sprinkle on the cheese, sauteed veggies and top with fresh arugula.
Garlic and Rosemary Skillet Bread
Yield: Serves 6-8
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 scant tablespoon active dry yeast (or 1 package)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (goes in the dough)
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose or bread flour, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for bottom of skillet)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for top of bread)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir together with a spoon, then set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 2 and 1/4 cups flour. Stir together with a spoon until a soft dough forms. Then if you are using a stand mixer, switch to the dough hook and knead for 8-10 minutes. If you’re kneading by hand, turn onto a well-floured work surface and knead for 8-10 minutes. Add more flour as needed. I used an extra 1/4 cup. You want the dough to be workable but it is still pretty sticky.
- Grease a large bowl. Scrape the dough into the bowl, form a ball, and turn to coat the top with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes. (Hang onto the plastic wrap for the second rise.)
- Coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet** with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Punch down the dough and press it into the bottom of the pan. Use a sharp knife to score the bread on top in a crisscross pattern.
- Brush the top with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Then sprinkle with garlic, rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise another 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- When the bread has risen, bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the top is light golden brown all over.
- Remove the bread from the skillet right away and let cool on a wire rack. If you leave it in the pan the crust will get soggy!
- Drizzle with more olive oil, slice into wedges, and serve hot!
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, I bet this would work great in a 9×9 pan. The bottom of the bread might not get quite as crispy but it will still be delicious!
3 cups cooked chickpeas
¾ cup yellow onion, chopped
1 tbsp. Harissa Olive Oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. cumin
3 tbsp. flour
Salt & pepper to taste
A Falafel is very simple to make. Preheat the oven to 250F.
Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend together until you get your desired consistency.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper so the patties will not stick.
Use an ice cream scoop to make even sized falafel patties. Lightly press the falafel patties down with a spatula.
Brush each patty with the Harissa olive oil that was also used in making the patty. Doing so will make the falafel’s golden brown.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy in a wrap or on a sandwich with arugula, goat cheese and Tzatziki sauce.
Grilled Veggie Kabobs
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Basil
½ tsp. Thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Garlic gloves, minced
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
10 Cherry Tomatoes
8 ounces of Mushrooms
1 Red Onion
1 Bell Pepper
Whisk together the dried herbs, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
Prepare the veggies in chunks or thick slices.
Arrange the vegetables onto a skewer.
Coat the dressing on all sides of the veggies.
Grill on medium low.
Place kabobs next to the heat not directly on.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the kabobs after 5 minutes.
The vegetables will be tender and slightly browned.
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the cooked kabobs for even more flavor!
If using wooden sticks soak in water for 30 minutes before using on the grill.
Chicken Walnut Salad with Fruit
2½ cups lightly packed spinach or spring mix greens
½ cup grilled chicken breast, cubed
½ cup apple, cubed
½ cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
⅓ cup walnuts
½ shallot, minced
4 tbsp. Gravenstein apple white balsamic
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. apple sauce
¼ c. basil olive oil
pinch salt + pepper
Add greens to a large dinner plate or salad bowl. Top with the chicken, apple, grapes, celery, red onion and walnuts.
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients whisking vigorously until emulsified. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
Delicious Red Potatoes
2 pounds of red potato’s
3 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
3 tbsp. Wild Dill Olive Oil
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Cut the potato’s into 1 inch chunks.
Boil in a pot of salted water for 10-12 minutes.
(You will be able to easily pierce with a fork.)
Remove from the heat and drain.
Heat up a large cast iron pan over medium-low.
Drizzle in the wild dill olive oil and add the potato’s.
Season with salt and cook for 6 minutes or until all sides are golden brown.
With a minute of cooking time left add the minced garlic.
Transfer the potato’s to the serving platter.
Grate the Parmesan cheese over the potato’s and enjoy!
Balsamic Mushrooms & Onions
1 lb. white button mushrooms, halved
½ cup white onion, sliced
2 tbsp. garlic olive oil
2 tbsp. traditional balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. salt
In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat until simmering.
Add the mushrooms and onions. Season with salt and stir to combine.
Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until liquid is released from mushrooms, about 5-7 minutes.
Remove cover and continue to cook until liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms and onions are softened and browned. (3-5 minutes)
Add the balsamic vinegar and stir until mushrooms and onions are coated evenly and the vinegar is heated through.
Serve as a side with steak or chicken or mix with rice.
Balsamic Marinated Grilled Eggplant
1 large eggplant
6 tablespoons olive oil
(try Wild Mushroom & Sage, Herbs De Provence, Cilantro & Roasted Onion or Blood Orange.)
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Fine grain salt
Ground black pepper to taste
Cut the eggplant in half and then slice into ¼-inch thick half moons.
Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and let stand in a colander for about 30 minutes to draw moisture out.
Give the slices a quick rinse to remove most of the salt, pat them dry with paper towels. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar
Combine eggplant and marinade in a Ziploc bag or a shallow dish. Seal or cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high (if you’re using an outdoor grill lightly oil the grill grates) and Grill the eggplant slices for approximately 2 to 3 minutes a side, or until you get good grill marks.
Remove from grill and brush with leftover marinade remaining, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve!
-3 cups of broccoli (roughly one bunch)
-1 tbsp of sesame oil
-1 tbsp sesame seeds
-a small handful of peanuts
-2 green onions, sliced
-3 tbsp water
-Salt and pepper for taste
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
-1 tbsp Sicilian Lemon balsamic vinegar
-Cut the broccoli into small florets, then wash and rinse.
-Heat a pan to medium heat, add the sesame oil and the broccoli.
-Cook for about a minute.
-Add 3 tbsp of water and cover the pan.
-Let it saute for another 4-5 mins.
-Whisk together the sauce and slice up the green onions.
-Now add the sauce, sesame seeds, peanuts and green onions to the broccoli.
-Stir gently for another 2-3 mins.
-Add salt and pepper to taste.
-Drizzle with more Sicilian Lemon balsamic vinegar
-Done! Indulge immediately or when cold.
Roasted Squash and Brussel Sprouts
1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks)
1 lb Brussels Sprouts, stems trimmed and sliced lengthwise in half
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of lemon grass mint white balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of cilantro and roasted onion olive oil
1 clove of minced garlic
a few pinches of salt
freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the butternut squash chunks and halved Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet.
Coat the vegetables with the olive oil and toss together.
Evenly sprinkle the salt and pepper and mix again.
Spread the vegetables out evenly onto the baking sheet.
Place the brussel sprouts cut side down to get a good caramelization.
Roast the vegetables for 20 to 30 minutes, flipping once or twice for an even roast!
With about 5 minutes left of cooking time sprinkle in the dried cranberries.
In a bowl mix together the mustard and vinegar then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Whisk until well blended then season with salt, pepper and garlic.
Pour the vinaigrette over the roasted vegetable and gently mix. Delicious served warm or cold 🙂
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
4 cups of Brussel Sprouts
1 tbsp. Vegetable Broth
2 tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil
2 tbsp. French Tarragon White Balsamic Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Clean then cut the brussel sprouts in half.
In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together.
Spread the brussel sprouts onto a baking sheet with the cut sides down.
Cook for 15 minutes then, flip and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes until lightly browned.
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons Herbs De Provence olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 red or yellow bell peppers, diced
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh basil (approx 8-10 leaves), chiffonade
For the sliced veggies:
6 Roma tomatoes
2 yellow squash
For the herb seasoning:
2 tablespoons fresh basil (approx 8-10 leaves), chiffonade
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven for 375˚F
2. Slice the eggplants, Roma tomatoes, squash, and zucchini into approximately 1/16-inch rounds, then set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch oven safe pan. Sauté onions, garlic, and bell peppers until soft. Season with salt and pepper, then add crushed tomatoes. Stir until ingredients are fully incorporated. Turn off the heat, then add basil. Stir once more, then smooth the surface of the sauce with your spatula.
4. Arrange the sliced veggies in alternating patterns, (e.g. eggplant, tomato, squash, zucchini) on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the inside of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix herb seasoning and pour over the vegetables.
6. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, uncover, then bake for an additional 20 minutes. The vegetables should be soft.
7. Serve while hot as a main dish, or as a side dish. The ratatouille is also excellent the next day.
Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Dressing
FOR THE SALAD
· 1 large head of cauliflower
· 1/4 cup Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
· 1/4 cup dried cranberries
· 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
· 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
· 2 teaspoons minced shallots
· 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
· 2 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
· 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Make the salad:
· Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
· Line a baking sheet with foil.
· Cut the head of cauliflower into florets then place them on the baking sheet.
· Drizzle the cauliflower with the olive oil and toss to combine.
· Season the cauliflower with salt and pepper then roast it for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
*While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the dressing
· Remove the cauliflower from the oven and transfer it to a large bowl.
· Fold in the cranberries, toasted almonds and Parmesan cheese.
· Drizzle in the dressing, tossing to combine, and serve.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the shallots, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey.
While whisking, stream in the olive oil.
Taste and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Harvest Squash Dish
1 pound fresh diced butternut squash
3 tablespoons Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup pecans
2 Fuji apples, peeled and cubed
1/3 cup honey
-Preheat oven to 425°F.
-Combine squash, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cinnamon until evenly coated.
-Spread mixture in single layer on baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes.
While that is baking.
Chop the pecans
-Peel the apples and cut into 1/2-inch cubes;
using same bowl, toss the apples and pecans.
1. Remove pan from oven; stir squash.
Sprinkle apple mixture over squash; bake 15 more minutes or until softened.
Transfer mixture to serving platter; drizzle with honey.
Serve & Enjoy
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut Squash in half long ways.
Step 2: Remove Seeds with spoon
Step 3: Season with olive oil, salt and pepper
Step 4: Place the two halves face down on a baking sheet.
Cook for 45 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes
Step 5: Using a fork, gently pull strands from the squash into a bowl.
Step 6: ENJOY!
Serve with a meat sauce and soft cheese for a delicious and grain free dinner!
Some of our favorite olive oils to drizzle on a Spaghetti Squash are Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil, Harissa Olive Oil, Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil, Tuscan Herb Olive Oil or Herbes De Provence Olive Oil.
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 8 oz Pasta
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pinch of fresh Parsley
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 tsp Olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook Pasta According to the instructions on the box – you can use water or chicken stock ( about 6 cups) – once cooked – drain
- In a large skillet – add oil and garlic
- Mix in the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, a little parsley, pepper, and salt
- Add in cream slowly
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Veggie Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
(try garlic, harissa, or chipotle olive oil)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/8 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- salt and black pepper to taste
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat until smoking.
Add half of the brown rice and cook, stirring or tossing, until the rice is toasted
(about three minutes.)
Transfer cooked rice to a medium bowl.
Repeat with another ½ tablespoon of coconut oil and the remaining rice.
Return all rice to wok and press it to the sides.
In the space in the middle add ½ a tablespoon of olive oil, the carrots, red bell pepper, onion, green onion and garlic.
Stir gently and cook until soft and fragrant.
Add the soy sauce and sesame oil; toss/stir to coat.
Push the rice to the side of the wok and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the liquid egg whites into the oil.
Stir quickly to scramble. Stir the egg and rice together.
Add the frozen peas and corn and continue to stir until peas and corn are thawed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve immediately & Enjoy!
Lentil and Eggplant Stew
¼ cup mushroom and sage olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 medium onion, finely chopped
¼ cup celery, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
3 cups of lentils, rinsed
1 can (14.5oz.) chopped tomatoes
2 quarts vegetable stock
2 medium eggplants
2 tbsp. Harissa Olive Oil
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the broiler.
In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp. of mushroom and sage olive oil.
Add the onion, celery, garlic and bay leaf and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook until the lentils are tender but still hold shape (around 45 minutes)
Meanwhile, set the eggplants on a foil-lined baking sheet and rub with 2 tbsp. of mushroom and sage olive oil. Broil 6 inches from the heat. Turn occasionally until completely blackened and tender. (About 20 minutes) Let cool.
Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a colander set over a bowl: Discard the skins. Let the eggplant drain for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and mash until smooth.
Stir the Harissa olive oil and half of the eggplant into the lentil until warmed through. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the stew into bowls; top with the remaining eggplant.
Garnish with yogurt, chopped walnuts, parsley, mint leaves, pomegranates and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Savory Vodka Pasta
1 pound pasta shells
1 1/2 jars (36 oz.) of vodka pasta sauce
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground sausage
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
10.5 oz. fresh goat cheese
1 tbsp. of fresh thyme
Seasonings: salt, pepper and garlic to taste
Your choice of olive oil, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and Hawaiian Red Sea Salt
1.In a large pot salt the water and boil the pasta shells until ready.
Add a touch of oil to the noodles to keep them from sticking together.
2. While noodles are boiling, In a large pan cook the sausage and turkey until brown.
3.Drain excess fat.
4.Turn heat of pan to medium low and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
5.Add in the chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Pour in the vodka sauce, cooked/drained pasta shells and in chunks add the goat cheese.
7. Mix together and add the Thyme.
8. Drizzle in your choice of olive oil like baklouti green chili, cayenne, wild mushroom and sage, garlic, basil or herbs de provence!
9. Plate and season with a sprinkle of Hawaiian red sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a drizzle of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.
3 Egg, beaten
8 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 Cup Onion, finely diced
6 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
½ Cup Fresh Basil, finely chopped
3 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
3 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
3 Pounds Ground Turkey
Rosemary Olive Oil, for cooking
Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, for tomato sauce
Tomato Sauce, for serving
Combine the beaten egg, tomato paste, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, almond flour, and coconut flour. Mix well and then mix in with the meat.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and enough of the rosemary olive oil to coat the skillet. Using an ice cream/cookie scoop, scoop out the meatballs and drop them directly into the pan. Let them cook for about 30 seconds or until brown, then flip them over using a spoon. Cook them until brown on the other side, about 30 seconds, and then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining meat mixture.
Transfer the meatballs to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the meatballs halfway through the cooking time. The meatballs will be firm to the touch when finished.
While the meatballs are cooking. Heat a skillet over low and pour in your favorite tomato sauce. Once heated drizzle in the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and stir. This will transform the tomato sauce into something amazing!
Serve the cooked meatballs and sauce on a sandwich, over sautéed vegetables or pasta.
(Roast a Spaghetti Squash and serve the meatballs and sauce with that for a gluten free and healthy meal!) ENJOY!
Creamy Yellow Rice and Pork
2 cups cooked yellow rice
1 ½ cooked, thick shredded pork
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
½ cup red wine
¼ cup water
1 tbsp hot sauce
Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
Seasonings: salt, pepper and garlic
Bring stove top heat to medium.
In a large pan drizzle the Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil.
Add the onion and green pepper and season with salt.
Cook for a few minutes.
Add in the shredded pork along with 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
Reduce the heat to medium low and add in the cooked rice.
Slowly pour in the red wine and water and mix together.
Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
Stir together. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
Simmer on low until the rice and pork are nicely combined.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle with your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
A better spaghetti
Hojiblanca EVOO, 2 tbsp.
Traditional balsamic, 2 tbsp.
Water, 1 cup
Peanut butter, ¼ cup
Dijon Mustard, ¼ cup
Soy sauce (low sodium) 2 tbsp.
Salt and mixed fresh cracked pepper to taste
½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
2 squash, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 pound 93/7 ground turkey
1 pound whole wheat noodles
Coat the pan in olive oil
add in the green onions and mushrooms
season with salt and pepper then cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the mustard, peanut butter, water, Traditional balsamic and soy sauce.
Mix together. Then add the zucchini and squash.
Reduce to low. Pour in the spaghetti sauce and stir as needed.
In a pot boil some water and cook the noodles.
In a separate pan brown your meat.
Once the meat is brown and the noodles are cooked combine your ingredients and ENJOY!
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Shrimp
1 pound jumbo-sized shrimp
1 tablespoon lemon olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1½ cups milk
⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk
3-4 tablespoons lemon juice – juice of 1 lemon
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Fry the shrimp for 2 minutes each side until pink and ‘just’ cooked.
Transfer to a plate.
Add the garlic to the remaining olive oil in the pan and fry until fragrant (about 1 minute).
Reduce heat to low-medium heat and add the milk.
Bring the sauce to a boil; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add in the parmesan cheese and allow sauce to simmer for about 2 minutes until thicker.
Add the cornstarch/water mixture into the middle of the pan and whisk thorough and fast to combine into the sauce.
It will begin to thicken immediately.
Take off heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Add the shrimp (prawns) back into the pan; top with lemon slices, parsley, extra parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and salt (if needed), to serve.
Serve over steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, rice or cooked pasta.
Honey Garlic Shrimp
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
• 3 Tablespoons honey
• 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
• ¼ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 Tablespoon)
• ¾ pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
• 1 Tablespoon blood orange olive oil
• salt, to taste
• ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion (garnish)
1. Whisk honey, sesame oil, chili flakes, ginger, and garlic, together in a medium bowl.Set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, add shrimp and blood orange olive oil.
Season the shrimp with salt and ground pepper and toss to coat.
3. Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
Place the shrimp into the pan in an even layer.
Cook the shrimp on one side until nicely seared, about 1-2 minutes.
Flip the shrimp over and cook for another minute or until they’re just cooked but still a little translucent in the center.
4. Pour in the honey garlic marinade and cook until the shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
If desired, remove the shrimp from pan so they don’t overcook, and reduce the sauce a little to thicken it
(keep an eye on the sauce while reducing, the honey makes the sauce easy to burn if you forget about it on the stove).
5. Serve the shrimp with the reduced sauce over brown rice and veggies.
Garnish with green onion.
Coconut Lime Shrimp
1 lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp. Persian Lime Olive Oil
Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 cloves Garlic, minced
4 Scallions, cut into small pieces
3 tbsp. Rum
Salt to taste
Marinade the shrimp in enough balsamic to thoroughly coat. Place in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
In a large pan, sauté shrimp with Persian lime olive oil until nearly done, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
Sauté garlic and scallions for about 30 seconds.
Add the rum and salt. Toss the shrimp back in and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
Top with coconut, lime juice and fresh cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Coconut Lime Chicken
1 package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 Tbsp Persian lime olive oil
juice and zest of 1 lime
3 Tbsp sesame oil
2 cup canned coconut milk
2 tsp cumin
salt to taste
4 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Serrano honey vinegar
Cut the chicken breast completely in half.
Place in a gallon size zip lock bag and pound chicken to the same thickness
In a bowl combine the olive oils, lime, coconut milk and seasonings.
1/2 of the mixture is for the marinade and the other half save as the sauce.
Pour half of the mixture over the chicken and marinade in the bag for up to 3 hours.
Grill the chicken breast and serve with rice and roasted vegetables.
Drizzle your sauce and some Serrano Honey Vinegar on top to finish and serve!
Baked Balsamic Chicken
•2 lbs (bone-in or boneless) skinless chicken breasts
(about 4 pieces)
•1 small onion, diced
•1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-Balsamics to use: Traditional, Black Mission Fig, or Raspberry
•1 tbsp. rosemary olive oil
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•1 tbsp. dried oregano
•1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
•2 tsp. coarse whole grain mustard
•Salt and pepper
*You can marinade the chicken overnight or make it as is.
-Combine all the ingredients into a Ziploc bag and give it a good massage with your hands to coat the chicken.
-Place the chicken into a glass dish in a single layer and pour any excess marinade on top.
-Season with extra salt and pepper if desired.
-Place into oven, uncovered, and bake for 20 minutes.
Boneless Chicken Breasts
•Start checking your internal temperature for boneless chicken at 20 minutes. They may need only 5-10 minutes more (depending on thickness of meat.)
•Bone-in chicken will take a bit longer, adding at least another 15-20 minutes onto cooking time.
•Serve over rice, a salad or with roasted vegetables.
Greek Grilled Chicken
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH fresh chopped rosemary AND dried oregano (see note)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon serrano honey vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, thyme, cayenne, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and serrano honey vinegar.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large zip top bag. Pour the prepared marinade on top, zip the bag and give it a good shake until the chicken is evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10 minutes – 2 hours.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Spray the grates with nonstick cooking spray if desired. Place the chicken breasts on the grill, discard any leftover marinade. Cook the chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Serve immediately, garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- The fresh rosemary can be replaced with 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can also be used in place of chicken breasts if desired. I have not tested this recipe with bone-in chicken thighs/breasts so please use your best judgement!
Espresso Balsamic Marinade
¼ cup Garlic Olive Oil
¼ cup Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
¼ cup red wine
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
¾ tsp. salt
3 tbsp. Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil
3 tbsp. of Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
1 clove Garlic, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Glaze for Fish
¼ cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
¼ cup Orange Blossom Honey
1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice and some zest
1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 tbsp. Pineapple Juice
1 tbsp. Ginger
1 clove of Garlic (minced)
1 ounce of Soy Sauce
Salt to taste
Wisk all of your ingredients together and you will have an unique glaze that will work with almost any fish. The recipe given will glaze 3 medium fillets
Nutty Herbal Sauce
2 cloves of Garlic
2 oz. of Fresh Herbs(parsley, basil, thyme)
2/3 cup of Almond Oil
4 tbsp. of Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp. of Pine Nuts
In a food processor/blender combine all of your ingredients (excluding the almond oil) and turn on low speed.
Slowly add in the almond oil until it forms a thick puree.
This nutty-herbal sauce is delicious to drizzle over your prepared beef, pork or chicken. Also is great as a homemade pasta sauce!
¾ cup peanut butter
2 tbsp. blood orange olive oil
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. tangerine balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. sicilian lemon balsamic vinegar
½ cup yellow mustard
1 cup milk
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
Add water as needed to help thin the sauce.
In a saucepan over low heat add all of your ingredients except for the milk.
Stir the ingredients together and slowly add the milk in. Continuously stir until well blended. Cook over low for 5 minutes. Stir often. Then the sauce will be ready!
This sauce is delicious with many dishes. A favorite way to enjoy is over chicken with fresh veggies and noodles.
Butternut Squash Sauce
1 large butternut squash
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup vegetable stock
Salt to taste
¾ cup milk
Peel the squash and cut into 1 inch cubes.
Heat a large pan over medium high and add the squash.
Season with salt and minced garlic.
Drizzle in 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
(try basil, mushroom and sage or Tuscan herb olive oil).
Stir together and cover with a lid.
Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasional.
Turn the heat down to medium.
Remove the lid and slowly add 1 cup of vegetable stock.
Cover and cook for 3-5 more minutes or until soft.
Remove from the heat and let cool.
Once cooled transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth.
Return the sauce to the original pan on low heat and slowly add ¾ cup of milk.
Stir the sauce until well blended.
Serve over rigatoni with goat cheese and fresh basil on top for an amazing dish!
1 cup of Olive Amelia’s Fine Balsamic. On medium-low heat, cook down balsamic for about 15 minutes. (Stirring occasionally) Let your balsamic cool down, it will become thicker as it cools. Then drizzle over any bakery treat or on your favorite ice cream!
Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce
- 4 jalapenos, halved
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gravenstein apple balsamic vinegar
- Combine jalapenos, cilantro, sour cream, garlic, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add olive oil and vinegar in a slow stream until emulsified.
Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette
-5 ½ tbsp. Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
-4 tbsp. Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
-2 tbsp. water
-2 tsp. garlic, diced
-¼ tsp. salt
-1 tsp. honey
Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until well blended. Store in the refrigerator.
Serve over seafood, roasted vegetables or a salad!
3 tbsp. EVOO
½ cup Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp. Mustard
¼ cup Water
1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Orange Blossom Honey
Salt & Pepper to taste
¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
½ of a garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp. Salt Sisters Chimichurri Dip
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the extra virgin olive oil. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil and whisk together until well blended. Enjoy this Vinaigrette over your favorite salad or as a quick marinade for a raw veggie salad!
Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Berries & Mascarpone
The lemon olive oil cake of your dreams, dressed festively with layers of whipped mascarpone cheese, lemon curd, a honey lemon blueberry sauce and finished with fresh blackberries. The perfect marriage between the classic Italian lemon olive oil cake and Tiramisu.
Prep Time: 1 hrs
Cook Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 50 mins
• 1 c extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 c ricotta cheese
• 2 c all purpose flour
• 5 eggs organic pasture raised
• 1 1/4 c granulated sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• Zest from 1 lemon
• A pinch of sea salt
• 1 lb blackberries
• 1/4 c edible flower blossoms
• 1/2 lb blueberries
• 1/2 lemon juiced
• 2-3 tbsp wild honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 4 large egg yolks organic pasture raised
• 4 tbsp granulated sugar
• 3/4 lb mascarpone cheese
• 1.5 c whipped cream ( Stiff )
• zest from 1 lemon
• 1/2 c lemon juice freshly squeezed
• Zest from 1 lemon
• 5 large egg yolks organic pasture raised
• 1/2 c granulated sugar
• 5 tbsp butter cut into 5 pieces.
Make the Blueberry Sauce:
1. Start by adding the blueberries with the lemon juice, vanilla and honey to a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a couple of minutes, just until the blueberries burst. Remove from flame and adjust sweetness to your taste with more honey. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the Lemon Curd:
1. To make the lemon curd, prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water in the bottom pan. Bring to gentle simmer.
Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice to the top pan. Whisk together over the steam until combined well. Keep whisking for a few minutes until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. About 5 to 10 minutes or so. Turn off the flame and whisk in the butter until melted. Transfer the curd to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
2. Preheat your oven to 325″F.
3. Prepare a 10 inch spring form pan by lightly buttering it with a dab of butter. Place on a baking sheet.
Make the Olive Oil Cake:
1. In the bowl of a mixer add the eggs, lemon zest and sugar and using the whisk attachment beat them together until well combined. A few minutes.
2. Pour in the olive oil and continue whisking on medium low speed until all incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese and sea salt and whisk till combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and slowly mix or fold everything together until incorporated.
4. Transfer the cake batter into the buttered spring form pan.
5. Bake the olive oil cake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
6. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Make the Mascarpone Cheese Filling:
1. Add the egg yolks and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment to cream the sugars and egg yolks until fluffy and pale in color.
2. Add the lemon zest and spoonfuls of the mascarpone cheese until incorporated.
3. Using a spatula fold the whipped cream into the whipped mascarpone cheese until combined. Make sure to not over mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. It should not be runny!
Assemble the Cake:
1. Once cooled off, remove the cake from the spring form pan by releasing the sides first, then remove the bottom.
2. Very carefully slice a thin layer off of the top to remove the top crust and expose the inside of the cake.
3. Extra carefully slice the cake in half using a serrated knife.
4. Place the bottom part on a plate or cake stand.
5. Using a small spatula spread the chilled lemon curd on top of the olive oil cake.
Spoon half of the mascarpone filling on top, or as much as you feel comfortable working with. If it seems like too much for you simply save some for later use. Then top it with half of the blueberries from the blueberry sauce and some of the fresh blackberries. Reserve as much of the blueberry sauce as possible for the next layer.
6. Add the next olive oil cake layer and spoon all the remaining blueberries with the sauce on top. Add the remaining whipped mascarpone (or however much you feel comfortable working with) and with the back of a spoon or spatula rustically spread it over the top. Place the fresh blackberries all over the top, reserving some to decorate the sides of your olive oil cake.
7. Garnish your lemon olive oil cake with edible flower blossoms and enjoy chilled.
1. Make sure the whipped cream is stiff not runny.
2. If whipping your own cream, start with 1 cup of organic heavy whipping cream + 1 tbsp sugar. Whip with the whisk attachment until stiff, it should yield just about 2 cups of whipped cream.
Calories: 826.8 kcal
2 cups of almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 large apple, grated and drained
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup of honey
1 1/2 tbsp of almond oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Oil or line muffin tin.
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl mix the grated apple with the lemon juice.
Add in remaining wet ingredients and combine.
Then mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Using a large ice cream scoop fill muffin cups ¾ full.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on wire rack.
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
4 cups frozen strawberries
3 Tablespoons of acacia honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon of a white balsamic vinegar (Pineapple, Coconut, Peach, Sicilian Lemon, etc.)
Add the frozen strawberries, honey, yogurt and white balsamic vinegar to a food processor Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Get creative with this recipe try with assorted frozen berries and dark balsamic vinegar!
Peach White Balsamic Cocktail
In a blender combine:
Handful of ice
Small handful of Frozen Fruit – Raspberries or Strawberries
8 oz. Ginger Ale
2 oz. Vodka
3 tbsp. Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
Blend together and enjoy!
Try this drink with any of our other delicious balsamic vinegars like blackberry ginger, strawberry, or pomegranate!